National Association of Security Professionals Close Protection Insurance for the Private Security Industry
Member sign in

Forgotten your password?
> No members online.
> Hot Topics:

-Maritime Security
-Iraq RFI
-interesting read about pirates in somali
-Job through NASP
-Exporting armoured vehicles from UK to Iraq

Obtaining an SIA Licence

You require an SIA licence if you wish to work in any of the sectors detailed below.

Licensing Details

This is required by law in the UK.

Under contract: If you work under an agreement between your employer and a customer of your employer - you are a contractor.

In House: when you work on premises managed & operated by your employer (and you are not contracted out to a third party or customer of your employer)

There are two types of licence:

  1. FRONT LINE: when you are carrying out a licensable activity. It takes the form of a badge, similar to a credit card in size.
  2. NON FRONT - LINE : for managers, directors & partners of companies (a simple letter)

To obtain an SIA licence you must undergo training as indicated in the relevant sections, and also pay a licence fee of £245 to the SIA. This licence is valid for three years (except for front line vehicle immobilizers who need to renew their licence each year)

The following details regarding Criminal record checks and service overseas with HM Forces apply to all sectors:

Criminal Records

If you have spent six continuous months or more overseas you must provide evidence of a criminal record check from the country or countries covering that period

Service overseas with HM Forces

If you have served overseas with HM Armed Forces in the last five years you will need to provide an extract from your service records. The extract must expressly disclose any convictions you may have, and should cover all periods spent overseas, irrespective of length.

To obtain an application pack either apply on line or call 0844 892 1025.

Home - About NASP - Join NASP - Application Form - Terms and Conditions - NASP Members - Member Forum - Member Chat - Job Opportunities - Member Discounts - Training Providers - Documents - Member Account - Member Availability - Search Member Availability - Licensing - Obtaining an SIA Licence - Introduction - Close Protection - Door Supervisor - Cash and Valuables in Transit - Public Space CCTV - Key Holding - Vehicle Immobilisers - Security Consultancy - Private Investigators - Licence Refused? - Events - Contact NASP - Links - Cookies

Copyright © 2006 National Association of Security Professionals

Bespoke Software Development LondonBespoke Software Development London